Prevention & protection policies for COVID-19
Is our packaging safe?
- We taken every precaution possible to ensure shipments leave our store free of any contamination.
- The CDC has issued the following statement. “In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from food products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient, refrigerated, or frozen temperatures.”
- Shipping times normally exceed 24 hours, but like all goods, shipments may be exposed to others in transit to you.
- We recommend that you handle all shipments carefully and follow the protocols of hand washing as recommended the National Institute of Health. Leaving the popcorn outside for days only invites animals and neighbors to eat it and it not recommended by the CDC or Happy Valley Popcorn as a safety measure in any situation.
Is the popcorn food safe?
- There is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with food.”
- It is already normal practice in the food industry for employees to wash their hands and refrain from touching their faces. We strongly encourage this and do that many times a day . . Not touch our faces . . . but wash and dry our hands. Where gloves that are changed regularly. Where shields and or masks while creating and handling our scrumptiously delicious popcorn.
What are we doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Here at Happy Valley Popcorn Company, we have taken every precaution recommended by the CDC and Maine state CDC to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Aunt GG & Uncle BOB say So . . . Wearing a mask & shield and washing their hands every few hours in the factory and store.
All kidding aside we do our best to keep ourselves and your popcorn orders as safe as possible. So you can enjoy our delicious popcorn safely and confident that we did our job protecting your order(s) . . .
Aunt GG & Uncle BOB say So . . . And all of us here at Happy Valley Popcorn Company . . .